Saturday, December 08, 2007

Nagra PLL Preamplifier at last!





After months of searching, I have finally forund the Swiss made Nagra PLL to compliment my WE124b! The search process was long and painful as not many audiophiles are willing to let go. I went to visit the agent yesterday, but the service was bad as well as there is no stoc for the PLL.The retail prices for the Nagra PLL in HK is HK$64,000 while the PLP was more then HK$90,000...which are beyond my budget!
Originally, I was waiting for the DIY preamplifier using ballon 27 tubes but it seems that i could never organize an audition for it.In addition, I was also concern with the after sales service (based in HK) versus International company's product with worldwide guarantee.. and the re-sae values. So in the end, it was a choice between the Nagra PLL,Yamamoto and Leben Preamplifier.. Finally, the choice was the Nagra PLL as I like the Swiss technology and workmanship as wellas its compact size. I didn't choose the PLP as I have no phono set up at the moment.
So, I now have the modern preamplifier (Nagra PLL) for my vintage WE 124b, while a vintage Marantz 7 for my vintage Leak TL12.1 in Singapore....
Christmas is here! Enjoy!
For a short review, please see

No comments: