Sunday, April 29, 2007

Western Electric 10 inch speakers finally paired!


The other unit of the Western Electric 10 inch speaker has finally arrived. I was fortunate to be able to pair them up as one unit was found in Hong Kong and the other from the USA.
The 10 inch speakers have a bigger sound stage then the 8 inch 755a. For vocal music, the 8 inch 755a reign supreme while the 10 inch has a wider sound stage as well as atmosphere. However, given the limitation of the original cabinet, the bass is somewhat limited but its vocal is still quite solid though..
Over the weekend, I have managed to streamline my Western Electric 100f to an audiophiles who can make use of them more. I have decided to let go many of my items as I am finding it difficult to rotate the amplifiers owing to time constraints as a result of the need for frequent travelling.
Currently, I have three set of power amplifiers here in Hong Kong, namely the WE 124b, Leak TL12.1, as well as the Pye Mozart HF10. I intend to bring the Pye as well as the Leak TL12.1 back to Singapore and keep only the WE 124b + WE120a + WE 10 inch speakers here. One set of system will be sufficient for my use here. This will help me to clear away space needed to keep the apartment spacious.
After several days of running in, the 10 inch speakers have began to warm up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am looking for a 2nd speaker myself pm10h in we 10014 speaker box . any ideas ?

what do you think about adding an addiction to the back of the box to to make a 2 foot square foot sealed
box ?