Saturday, February 03, 2007

Western Electric 100f



I was down with flu for two weeks resulting in me not being active with my hifi. This evening, I have finally managed to do some simple DIY with my Western ELectric 100f.

The Western Electric 100f amplifiers come with a built in 5 inch Alnico Jensen speakers. To use it as power amplifiers, I have to by pass the speakers and attched it with speakers socket.

The sound from these Western Electric amplifiers sounded quite nice with highly efficient speakers such as the Tannoy Mini. The mid from the amplifiers remind me of the Western Electric 124b but the WE124 has better control then the WE 100f in term of producing sound stage and creating depth in its sound stage. However, considering the price of the WE 100f, I must say that its sound is better then many HK$10,000 amplifiers.

For those who wants the Western Electric sound, can go for the Western Electric KS 16608 or these 100f series!

No comments: