Saturday, May 10, 2008

Simon Rattle Mahler No 9 with German speakers

























As I have decided to stop my Lowther project, this morning I have hooked up my Western electric amplifiers with my German made KSP215k speakers. The magical thing about the KSP215k is that they have a cellulose dust cap which gives the extended high frequency response. The Ball Ball speaker cabinets were made by a company called Veb Statron around 70's (the space age era) for using the ksp215k at home. I know the drivers will be able to maximise to its optimum if I have used it in a larger cabinet. However, I like the idea of keeping everything in its original stage, I have decided to use it as it is.

I have the Karajan Mahler No 9 which was great and Simon Rattle is different and is better in a number of smaller details..


No comments: