Friday, March 05, 2010

Ella Twelve Nights in Hollywood

After my various business trips to Taipei, then to Ho Chi Minh City and ten to Beijing, I have finally found the time to listen to my hi fi this morning. I am also glad that my ordered "Ella 12 Nights in Hollywood" CD set has also arrived. During my business trip, my ipod was with me along the flights and waiting lounges.

This CD set is a must for all Ella fans as these were previously un-released versions of the live shows at the Cresendo, 1961-2. 

I have not visited R33 web page for a while and this morning, I have had a quick glance and as usual, not much discussion on Hifi and many photographic society members continues to post pictures of non hifi  subjects. In addition, some self proclaimed sifu continues to preach and teach...haha I used to respect the sifu until...

Now, back to the CD set. The CD starts with a introduction of Ella and it gives one the feel of a night club live atmoshere similar to Mack The Knife Ella in Berlin. Ella was in her prime when she recorded the tracks and you can hear her strength, dynamism and energy!

With having less and less time for music owing to busy schedules, I have at recently one stage wanted to dispose all my gears and just use my ipod. However, when I re-visited my WE 124 + TSM 300 this morning, the live like feeling of music atmopshere has reminded me why I get into the hobby in the first place. The ipod is like the fast food good for busy people and can satisfy the basic hunger need while a good set up hifi system is like fine French dining, can enrich one with good quality of life.. Enjoy!

No comments: