Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wish lists 2006/7

Even though I have tried to restrict myself on buying "new" old toys, the desire keeps growing day after day.

I still cannot forget the sound from Western Electric 124 and 142 as well as Brooks 12A. I like amplifiers using 6L6 tubes as the sound is great! Moreover, vintage 6L6 tubes are relatively cheaper and easy to find! (when compare to the much demand KT66, EL34 and KT88 tubes)

Another item that I like is Dynatron LF59B but I was told that the tubes are relatively expensive and difficult to find.. plus the Dynatron amplifiers is so rare that it would be expensive.

Brooks 12A and Yamamoto amplifier using 2A3 is something very exciting! I have never owned any 2A3 amplifiers and I am so tempted to try...In addition, I am also keen to try again the Mono block pre amp..this time the Fisher 50C perhaps..

No comments: