Sunday, June 22, 2008

Verdi Aida : Solti & Abbdo




I have been listening to much opera lately with Turanto, La Boheme, to Bizet Carmn, and Verdi Aida.




Even without the pre amplifier, the natural and yet beautiful sound of the Western Electric was something that I truly love.

I have since several months ago, reduced my collection of amplifiers and keep very minimal set for listening in Singapore & Hong Kong. In addition, I have not partcipated in any hifi forum lately which has given me peaceful time for the enjoyment of music after a hard days work.

Slowly, the search for better recording CDs became more important then the gear itself as the source of music (i.e. CDs) are often neglected by audiophiles. In the end, the amplifiers and the pre-amplifiers function are to produce the sound from the source and if the source is bad, it will be counter productive to keep working on the gears..




Since I do not have the time for setting up of LP system, and the constant cleaning of the LPs, the search for good CDs became obvious! Enjoy! Really like the March from Verdi's Aida! So grand!




No comments: