Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vintage 軍艦speaker cables

I was in Berlin last week and was on the internet at night and i found that there is an audiophile (back in Hong Kong) selling speakers cables made from old British Navy battleship communication cables. The audiophile Mr. Chen has managed to find some nice communication cables from the retired British Navy ship and as an audiophile, he has converted these communication cables to speakers cables.
Recently, my hifi fever has began to warm up. I quickly contacted the seller when I am back in Hong Kong and to satisfy my curiosity, I have bought these vintage speakers cables made from cables of the old Navy vessel for home to try (plus he promised a full return if i am unsatisfied). The cables Have 4 layers of protection using cotton, linen, as well as a layer of oil to protect it from the salty sea water.. Just tested the cables.




After playing the cables for several hours, the cables are slowing burned in (using special cables burn in cd) and I can hear more clarity and details ..Enjoy
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can ytou realy bur in a cable ?
What is actually happening ?
Are the copper particsals lining up or something ?

Francis Phua said...

These cables were DIY using the old communication cables at the retired navy vessel. I guess, the copper and the layering are good.