Monday, July 24, 2017

Marantz CD 唱機 HD-CD1 and Marantz HD-AMP1

Following my search for the Speakers, I am on a hunt for a nice mini CD player and the Marantz HD1 came to sight. The look of it is lovely with silver or black colour body with wood like sides. I was thinking of matching it with my Elekit TuTu. As there is a space constraints, the set up needs to be small. In the past, I used to play with many vintage CD players with great fun. However, the down side is the maintenance as well perhaps lack of details with the used laser head. I remember I used to have the vintage Marantz CD player by Ken Ishiwata, which I have sold following my move from Hong Kong to Thailand. As such, the new Marantza HD-CD1 has one advantage as it was the work of Ken Ishiwata. Marantz has added the HD-CD1, an up-market midi-sized CD Player, to its rebooted MusicLink Hi-Fi series.



First I love the classic look with the contemporary components. Designed by Ken Ishiwata, the deck can function as a CD transport with the HD-AMP1 amplifier (pictured below), or function as standalone CD player. It features a centralised CD mechanism, able to play MP3, WMA and AAC files as well as regular CDs. It uses a double-layer chassis for rigidity and vibration suppression.The player employs a 192kHz/24bit Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC  and low noise crystal oscillator master clock.  The deck also has a discrete headphone amplifier with its own volume control and HDAM-SA2 amplifier, complete with adjustable gain setting. This is the best of both worlds.

From the review, it was highly praised : 
http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/marantz-hd-cd1





I have always love tube amplifier. As such, my plan is to match it with my Elekit tuTu. nevertheless, I am also tempted to try the amplifier by Marantz (Photos from the internet) as a set as well



The Marantz HD-AMP1 has the matching look.





Doing my research now...

No comments: