Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tubes and wires upgrade



I have been concentrating on the search of the hifi equipements for a while and I have finally settled with the one I like namely: Leak 12.1, WE KS16608 and Mcintosh which uses the 6L6 or KT66 tubes with Marant7 & Fisher 400CX as preamplifiers. Both the Pye Mozart & RCA speakers were sold to other audiophiles.

Now, my next move is to look at improving the other areas such as the changing of tubes and getting proper cables to further enhance the sound.

Yesterday, I have managed to get a Quad set of vintage Brimar 6L6G tubes to replace the previous Groove 6l6GE and the 5881 in my Western electric KS16608. Immediately, the sound became much more smoother and filled the soundstage with more details when using the Cora Beta 8 full range speakers..

Knowing the important of the speakers cables, i have ordered a pair of Artist speakers cables to replace my existing one.

Perhaps less is more as I could concentate on my improving my current set up... : )

No comments: