Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pilot SA232 & Siemens SmfV4b amplifiers


The Pilot SA232 has always been an odd one out among my hifi equipments.

My Leak12.1 matches very well with my Fishers 400CX + Tannoy Canterbury. My MC240 + Marantz 7 + LS3/5a combo is another perfect match, In the bedroom, my Pye Mozart keeps my RCA full range speakers company.

The Pilot Sa232, therefore, is like a spare waiter at a wedding banquet trying to find a role to play. This has prompted me to put in on sale at R33.

Upon getting the Coral 8 inch Beta speakers, I immediately plugged in the Siemens SmfV4b (without by-passing the pre amp ) and the hum sound has prevented me from enjoying the Cora.

Without much choice, I have to hook it up with the Pilot SA232 and immediately I was surprised by the very nice vocal reproduction together with the Marantz 7! The Pilot has finally found a plane to fly!

In Hong Kong, the hifi circle is very small and yet can be very political at times. Very often, conflicts arises as a result of competition for the same equipments or when one wants to impose one's views upon others. Sometimes, conflicts also arises out of envy and the inner desire of wanting to win, all the time.

I have my fair share of exchanges in the forum. These has prompted me to keep a low profile in the forum and let the various "opinion leader" continue to dominate the various threads and "blow water" for their own ego or vested interest. However, there are some nice fellow audiophiles such as JK who is always willing to teach and help!

In the end, listening to hifi is the enjoyement of music. The various equipments basically help to reproduce the sound that suits the individual taste.

The night is quiet..and the music is singing softly from the coral and the Pilot. Enjoy music : )

No comments: