Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Contentment

I have spoken with my friend KY on the subject of hifi gears collection and usage. Very often, as we participate in the forum discussion, there are lots of opportunities for discovery of "new" toys. For example, at one time, there was a strong fever for vintage German made amplifiers such as Klangflim and Siemens. However, owing to the huge sizes and some compatible issues on pre amplifiers ( as these were made for industrial and not home usage), the vintage German amplifiers fever died down very quickly in HK. Now, there is a fever for Audiomaster amplifiers and created some excitement in the audiophiles markets.

One question that I have asked myself is how many amplifiers do we need? Unlike vintage watches and other collectables where stroage is not a problem, vintage amplifers has the problems of maintainance problem.. : ( which will be a problem for non DIYers like me..

So less is more..Contentment!

No comments: