Friday, November 02, 2007

Hifi fever~~

Many months ago, the hifi "fever" seemed to be on German amplifiers (Klangflim, Siemens etc)Fisher preamplifiers (400CX, 50C), Pilot Preamplifiers (215, 913) and vintage Tannoy speakers as a result of "blowing water" at the R33 forum.. However, recently, the fever seemed to die down.

Upon checking with my audiophiles friend in Singapore & Malaysia, it seems that there is no real demand for Fisher or Pilot preamplifier (versus say Marantz or Mcintosh). As such, investing in hifi gears may not be a wise get rich quick scheme as it will be better to place money on stocks and shares. or even in gold bars or currencies exchange.

I have played & "being played" with many vintage geras. Luckily, I need not lose much upon changing gears (except the lost in time..but then it gives me joy in upgrading or merely changing the gear configuration). In my set up, there is only one last piece of puzzle (i.e the preamplifier for my WE124b)..and my wish for Christmas is the Nagra PLL...

No comments: