Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hifi 2007 - A year in retrospective

2007 is slowly coming to an end. Looking back, my hifi journey in 2007 has been an exciting one with continuous exploration and learning.

I am glad that in2007, I have managed to pair my WE 124b with the Nagra PLL preamplifier (after pairing with Fisher 50C, Fisher 400CX, WE120a, passive amplifiers). In addition, I have also managed to upgrade my CD player to Linn Genki (the important of source), and found the rare Rogers LS3/5a Gold Badge and the WE274b rectifier tubes. This year has also been a year of re-discovery of classical musics..

One of my achievement is the streamlining of my spare vintage gears. In 2007, I have managed to follow the "one in one out policy. The summary activities are as follows:

  • For the LS3/5a I have sold off my Chartwell LS3/5a & Ram LS3/5a and other Rogers LS3/5a in return for the rare LS3/5a Gold Badge.
  • For the Pre-amplifiers, I have moved from Fisher 50C to Fisher 400CX to WE120a to passive amplifier and finally to Nagra PLL. I was disappointed that friendship came to a test after the Fisher 50C incidents but I am glad that I have managed to move on with the Nagra PLL : )
  • Tannoy Mini replaced with another Altec 755a (yes...another pair)
  • No more DIY: I am not a good DIYer...

No comments: