Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Addicted to Billie Holiday

I have alays been a great fan of lle for jazz music. However, recenly, I as introduced to Billie Holiday. Billie Holiday's early recording 1930s-40s are quite sweet. However, what captured my attention and my sou was her last few recording from the 1950s when her voice has become"broken" and "tough". I love her Lady in atinCd especially the sound I'm a Fool To Want you and The End of A Love Affair.

Listening to the two songs late at night could really bring tears to my eyes. Her songs truly expressed her deep soorow and the pain that she has gone through all the years as well as her many disspointment in her love relationship! Billie Hliday was truly one of the greatest...together with Elle and Louis Armstrong..My salute to the singers before my time!

No comments: