Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tannoy Mallorcan Monitor Gold 12 USA







I have previously shipped back my pair of Tannoy Cantebury red monitor to Singapore when I have to move my apartment from Lam Tin to Harbourview Horizon Hung Hom.
Ever since then, I have been using small speakers such as the 755a, Leak sandwiched for listening of music in HK. However, with my recent change in taste in music, listening to classical music with the 755a and the Leak sandwiched have been a little stretching for the speakers.
As such, I have started my process of searching of larger speakers once again. At the same time, I was also helping my friend KY to serach for a pair of Tannoy with cabinets. Since January 2008, I have began my active search for the vintage Tannoy speakers. This week, I have managed to find a pair of Tannoy 15 inch Gold Monitor Lancaster as well as a pair of 12 inch red monitor in Lancaster cabinets. However, both of these are obviously too big for my current apartment.
Like what they say, when there is a will, there is a way. After much searching, I have finally managed to find another pair of smaller matched pair Tannoy 12 inch Gold Monitor Tannoy Mollrocan (14 inch width X 24 inch length X 11 inch depth) that will fit into my apartment!
: )
To maintain the 1 in 1 out policy, I have sold off my mint condition Leak Sandwiched speakers to another collector in order to keep minimal set..

2 comments:

Fredl said...

I have seen your article on the 12" Tannoy speaker. Actually ,I want to find one with the size of your.
Pls advise.

Unknown said...

Y have 6 pcs of tannoy gold monitor sor sale LSU/HF/III.L.Z/8 if you like.
valentinsandu@gmail.com