Friday, March 28, 2008

The Wonderful sound of Tannoy


































After one hour of running in, I have finally managed to hear the familiar relax sound from the vintage Tannoy! When using the Tannoy to listen to Holst's The Planets, I can really feel the mood and the atmosphere especially the part of getting ready for battle. Listening to my favourite Carmen suite was another joy as I could feel the energy and the zest from the tunes & sound from the Tannoy!

After trying out many pair of speakers, the Tannoy, I must admit, is my all time favourite as one need not worry much about speakers placement, focal point and it has the ability to play both classical orchestra music, chamber music and even light instrument. In short, it is a good pair of all rounder speakers!
Someone has said: Tannoys are like a Rolls Royce, they are always very refined and dignified, Lowthers are like a Ferrari, spectacular when running correctly but requiring lots of tuning".

No comments: