Saturday, November 02, 2013

Altec 755a

I spent the half the afternoon listening to my newly acquired 755a and I must say again that the 755a is one of the best Fullrange speakers on Earth. Even though this 755a is not the WE 755a, the sound quality is close to 95%..  and at 1/5 the price making it is really values for money buy.



Even though many love to use it to listen to vocal or violin music, I have  played Mahler 1 conducted by Solti and it managed to bring out the momentum of music out ... Even the IV Sturmisch bewegt sounded superb!


The 葬心 vocal is so emotional and the "tock, tock" sound blended in with the vocal really bring out the best in music. Having "lost" the 755a as well as the Gold badge LS3/5a previously owing to "easy letting go" (which I cannot understand why?) have made me learn my lesson. These sets of speakers are getting to find, especially those in very good conditions, and there will be here to stay forever..

For those who love music, you must get yourself an all original 15ohms LS3/5a and a pair of 755a, even the 755c is a good alernative (given the good price versus performance ratio)..act fast!

No comments: