Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Further restoration


I was quite free during the Easter holiday period as I was alone in Hong Kong. With so much freetime, it has prompted me to further upgrade my 220 v Leaks 12.1 set.

With the spares resistors and capacitors, I was able to get into the restoration quite quickly.

To ensure that the set is properly restored, I always make sure I use the other set as reference so that the correct position.

It is important to make sure that the TCC capacitors does not leak as it does, it will send in extra current towards the tubes which will shorthen the life span of the tubes.

The 12.1 is relatively maintainance friednly as the British made amplifiers tend to have very neat schmatics positioning.

With the help of JK, I have managed to learn do some basic maintanance works which help to keep the amplifiers in its prestine condition. Thanks John!

No comments: