Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013: start of a new hifi journey : Sonus Faber Auditor M SE

Happy New Year everyone!
I have started the new year with a casual shopping at the hifi shops. Originally, I was looking to listen to the Italian made Chario Sennet. (I was captured by its good wooden craftmanship) However, the shop only has other Chario models. During the audition, my ears were captured by the sound of Sonus Faber Auditor M SE, another Italian speakers maker, where the budget for these are much higher then the Chario.
For many years, I have been using vintage speakers from Rogers and Chartwell LS3/5a, Tannoy Cantebury, full range speakers including the famed Western Electric 755a. While the sound of the vintage speakers sounded sweet for vocal, I have wanted to try new things..

Following which, I have switched to new speakers such as the Tannoy Mini, and twice the Dali Royal Menuet speakers (both small book shelf speakers) hoping to find the details, and more analytical sounds and detail. 

With the improvement in science and technology, I am now willing to try with new technology, the new speakers will have better presentation in term of sound stage and clarity and analytical sound. With the Sonus Faber Auditor, it gives me the clarity, analytical and sound stage that I want when playing the symphony!
Happy new year !
























I have bought the latest Sonus Faber Auditor M SE version where there is a different in the tweeter (using 8/70mm high speed, high definition, pleated ribbon tweeter) instead of the 25mm tweeter. There are not much information on the new SE version on the net as these special edition are made fro HK& China. My initially listening is that it has a very clean musical with good clarity and sound stage. Since I want to change my speakers, I might as well get the latest.. (At one stage, I was even thinking of the old Chario 1, 2 and the Millenium & Old Sonus Faber Coneetino and Concerto..which in retrospect, doesn't make much sense as these weree over 10 years old models)



- Posted using BlogPress from my super i machine : 0


No comments: