Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Sonus Faber Cremona auditor M SE

After some running in, my new speakers began to sing! With the speakers and the stand, I can listen to much more then my previous set up.
I have auditioned the violin music and I must say that the presentation is so real! Initially, I was looking at the Chario ( because of its superb wood craftsmanship).

After having AB comparison, I have found the Sonus Faber having much more clarity and clean. The Chario has a much stronger base ( and the sales person has pointed out that Chario with a strong base may be suitable for the playing of AV system where strong base is key).

From the hifi forum, there are some audiophiles who is afraid of this special edition for HK and China. Since I do not have the opportunity to do a comparison, I can only compare the Sonus Faber with the Chario Cygnus to get a feel of the sound characteristics. The Chario having its strength of more base also sounded quite "boxy" while the Sonus Faber sound is more open.

Given the differences in the tweeter, I have emailed Sonus Faber and i have received the confirmation that this special edition having the ribbon tweeter is also made in Italy (and not China) with individual serial number. I have managed to get a very nice 1833 number, which is a bonus..

Given the stand alone costs around,HK$9k+, the promotional price is really exceptional and there are only 30 sets per shops making a total of around 150 sets of the Auditor and 150 sets for the Cremona M ( I guess).

After searching for so long, I have finally able to find a pair of speakers which can give me much more and enable me to listen much more details. I know that there are many who love vintage speakers for nostalgic reasons but IMHO listening to hifi is also about listening to the details and the the Sonic and tones of the various instruments..

So, if you really want to enjoy music, please don't self imposed such limitation. Have a few pairs of different speakers so that you can enjoy vocal, light instruments, and orchestra music. There is no need to keep many pair of the same kind as the differences will not be huge.

The most important thing is to progress and enjoy! To put it in simple language. It's like removing the cloth that has wrapped around the ears and the sound is absolute clarity, clean and with much details..moreover, the workmanship, the speakers touch and feel, attention to details are remarkable!




























- Posted using BlogPress from my super i machine : 0

No comments: