Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hifi for the bedroom


Space is always an issue in the bedroom. As such, for the bedroom system,I will have to find smaller size items in order to fit them in nicely while ensuring quality sound.

For the speakers set, I have brought in the Phass speakers with the EV35 tweeter (in a DIY wood holders) + Philips 634 player. The most difficult part is the amplifier system as they are too huge for the room. As I like KT66 and 6L6 amplifiers, there are very few vintage amp that is small. In the end, I have to find a new KT66/6L6 amplifier : Sound Master No 36 which is small enough to fit into my small bedroom. The Sound Master No36 is a Hong Kong made amplifier with auto bias for either KT66/6L6 or EL34 tubes. It also has a scoket with USB port for use with ipod.

Quite an enjoyable sound stage with this little set up!

No comments: