Saturday, August 19, 2006

Two more items: WE124 & 755a


During these period, I have concentrated much efforts in trying to set up my ideal hifi system as well as trying to learn about vintage hifi.

In the process, I have met up with many fellow audiophiles, some good and some are very dissapointing.

Now, there are two more items which I have desired namely Western Electric 124 & 755a full range speakers to complement my current set up. I must say the hifi journey has been an interesting one despite some set back.. : )

Following which, I intend to stop my vintage amplifier search and go back to my vintage watch and fountain pen collections which is a more "peaceful" form of hobby as there will be less "sarcastics remarks" from people and less "red eye or white eye" treatments. In addition, the main challenges in collecting of vintage amplifiers system are the issue of maintainance and space.

With my current set up, I am quite contented with them as my original intention is not to collect for the sake of collection but to use them in the living room, and bedroom for the enjoyment of music. The process of refinement and streamlining has helped me fine tuned what I like and intend to keep.

Two more items seems to collect so little and easy but it also seems so far to reach..

Please see my small collection at watch & pen blog:

http://vintage-watch.blogspot.com/

http://vintagepen.blogspot.com/

No comments: