Sunday, September 03, 2006

Feedback on Western Electric 755a



I was listening to the Western Electric 755a for a few days and I must say that the Mid especially for vocal is exceptionally good!

However, the CD recording standard played a great part too as when I inserted a low quality recording, the sound reproduction is exactly like a mirror image reflecting a low production of voice. The WE 755a, in my opinion, has a much natural and smoother vocal when compared to the LS3/5a.

Over the weekend, I have managed to audition a Japan made cabinet with Western Electric 755a drivers in Tak Fak 3rd floor and I must say the sound is good with great base. The cabinet is about 3 feet in height and looked very nice with a dark brown cabinet finishing. The owner has told me that he has 4 pairs of LS3/5a and ever since listening to the 755a, he intends to sell away 2 sets and keep 2 for reference as he listended to the 755a more than the other speakers now. Will update more when i have the time! Cheers

No comments: