Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yamamoto "45" Single stereo amplifier A-08S



In my quest for lower watt vintage amps, it seems that the options are limited to vintage Dynatron LF59 and Brooks 10c. However, since these vintage amplifiers are so rare and limited in quantities, I have decided to search for low power tube amplifies, instead of only vintage amplifiers.

While browing through the web, I came across a very attractive modern low watts amplifier using vintage 45 tubes - the Yamamoto A08s! Looking at the review, One can truly appraciates much efforts have been put in the design and building of this very nice amplifier. Moreover, another unique selling proposition from the company is that everything is built "In house" in order to ensure top qualities are maintained!

I must say this is one of the best looking power amplifiers I have come across with its nice mixture of wood and steel design as well as its "Zen" minimalist approach!

With 2 watts power, I am curious to test it with my Western Electric 755a!

For details, please see:
http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/A-08S-NEW-eng.html

For review of the Yamamoto "45" Single ended stereo amplifiers A-08s, please see:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yamamoto2/45.html

No comments: