Monday, September 18, 2006

Western Electric KS 16608 amplifiers X 2






I love the sound from the Western Electric amplifiers so much that when I came across an original condition Western Electric KS16608, I could not resist but to acquire them.

The newly "found" set was manaufactured by Dukane for Western Electric.

Learn something new today from a fellow audiophile Grey: KS 'means' Kearney Specification and means in compliance with a contract for acceptance purposes. They were built 'for' western electric.

Both of the mono amplifier come with the original cage and bottom plate. Both the units has the same inspection nos of 26555 and were perfectly matched pair with extremely clean interior!

It sounded as good as my first pair of the Western Electric KS16608. These were most probably produced in the 1960s. When matched with vintage speakers such as the Tannoy or the Western Electric 755a, the sound is superb! These were the more affordable amplifiers when compared to the very expensive Western Electric 124 or 142 etc. These cheaper amplifiers are good enough for me! : ) In such prestine condition, who can complain?

Cheers

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hi,

Can you show me how to connect the input & output? I have the same amp but I don't know how to connect them,Thanks!

Jeff