Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Plan for 2007

For my hifi system, I have more or less confirmed with the following arrangement and direction:

  • Singapore's set : Western Electric KS16608 + Marantz 7 + LS3/5a 15 ohms (while belly) (may upgrade to Rogers Gold Badge, if I can find in 2007)
  • Hong Kong Bed room : Pye Mozart HF10 mono block + Western Electric 755a
  • Hong Kong's Living room : Set (A) Leak 12.1 + Fisher 400CX + Tannoy Cantebury
  • For the study room : Set (B) Radio Craftsmen (In the future Western Electric 124.. still cannot forget..) + Fisher 50C + Phase Fullrange speakers

I have come to realise the cruel fact of "playing with hifi". If one wants to "play", one would have to constantly listen and try the different amp and different combination of set up in order to know the system. Playing with hifi is the same when my son plays with his gameboy. One minute he is playing with gameboy, the next with Xbox, then followed by PSP. I have often asked him why can't he just choose one (i.e PSP or Gameboy) and play with teh various hgames.Upon sharing with him, I then realised that for the video game industries, such as PSP, Xbox, Netendo, all three has different charateistics of game and types of games.

For hifi, the combination is even greater i.e by countries (UK, US, German made), by tubes type, by circuit (Single ended,troide, etc) and not forgeting different pre amplifiers + different types of speakers.

Hifi system I am eager to try : WE KS16575, Yamamoto (my friend is buying one set so I may get a chance to try them with my 755a), Dynatron L58

Spares for sale to raise $$ for WE124 : Mcintosh MC240 ($28,000) / Radio Craftsmen C500a ($18,000). need to raise $100,000 : (

With this goal, it will make the hifi journey an enjoyable one as once in a while, I can dream a little..., hunt alot..and continue to explore new toys..

No comments: