Monday, May 28, 2007

One last dance before she leaves

This evening, my second of Western Electric KS16608 have performed their final dance before departing my home to another home : (

I have always loved the sound of the WE KS16608 using 6L6 tubes. After much consideration, I have finally bought the Western Electric 124b. With the acquisition of the WE124b, the KS16608 have been left in the cold. With the departure of the WE KS16608, I am now only left with the following:

HKG : Western Electric 124b + WE 120a + WE speakers/ JBL Aquarius/RCA fullrange
SIN : Leak TL12.1 + Marantz 7 + Western Electric 755a/LS3/5a
SIN : Pye Mozart + Tannoy Cantebury

I have kept quite a nos of speakers as the different in sound is more obvious with the change in speakers. Moreover, the speakers are more or less maintainence free. Teh amplifiers, on the other hand are quite troublesome as once left idle, it will give troubles.

My wish list for 2007 is either Marantz 8b or Marantz 2 or 9???

Like what some audiophile has said: 最好的找到了就keep最好的,其它的可以放給有緣人

No comments: