Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hifi & human heart

I have always treated Hifi as an hobby rather then a life. However, from the hobby, I get to know many audiophiles. Among the various audiophiles, we can see all kind of people. I have always thought that music is supposed to help one relax and therefore help to ease the stress and help one's heart to be more balanced. However, I was wrong as there are some audiophiles who tended to be self centered and profit driven. I am not against making money..but I guess making money from friend is just abit too much..

Nevertheless, I am quite happy with my recent set up of combing old (WE124b) with the new technology (Passive preamplifier) in achieving the clarity in sound, quiet background and improved soundstage. Previously, my belief is only in vintage preamplifiers (such as Fisher 50C, 80, 400CX) but there is a need to ensure that vintage preamplifier is fully functional in order to bring out the best in music. Power amplifier's function is much straight foward. As such, after mixing amd matching the various preamplifiers for my WE124b, I must say that my current set up fully met my own expectation.

With the issue of pre & power amplifiers solved, I need to relook at the source of my music, i.e the CD player. Currently, I am using the B & O CD player which is quite musical. Should I try the vintage Studer CDP or modern one such as the Linn?



: (

No comments: