Monday, March 18, 2013

My hifi set 2013

After the recent changes in the hifi gear, I have finally settled down with my new "old" gears.
With the exception of the new Sonus Faber Cremona auditor M SE speakers, the rest of the gears are all second hand used gears, but luckily there are still in very good condition.
My intention is to have a "low FI" price hifi system and i would want to achieve good music with proper matching of the gear rather then getting the best of the best by paying top dollars. In addition, I would also want to have the hifi gears which also looks nice in appearance and not bulky in size (for ease of moving in the future).
After months of research, I am so happy that I need not spent huge dollars to get the sound that I want. One of the lesson that I have learnt is to start the hifi music system with the speakers in mind. I have audition many pair of vintage and new speakers before settling down. My aim is to have a hifi system that is versatile enough to play vocal music as well as orchestra music.




There are many who get lost in the hifi world as they have chosen some very hard to drive speakers to start with. Following which, he will have to find powerful amplifier to drive it and hopefully being able to bring out the best of the system.
As a project, i have started a "spring cleaning" with garage sales. i have sold my Dali Minuet ii speakers, sold the Artist speakers cables, traded in my Philips CD player, sold the small lap top, sold the unused Sony recorder etc in order to raise funds for the change in hifi. With a total budget of not exceeding HK$70,000 only (for the SF speakers, Unison Research Simply 2 power and Music First pre amplifiers, Yter speakers cables, Marantz 63, mkii KI CD players, WE CD isolation transformer, Matisse sound conductor, the current set up is really value for money and is capable of producing music three times its value. Yea! Cheap and good!




- Posted using BlogPress from my super i machine : 0

Location:Metropolis Drive,,Hong Kong

No comments: