Friday, March 29, 2013

NOS old German EL34 tubes

Today is Easter holiday and I took the opportunity to trade my pair of unused vintage KT66 tubes for a Quad set of old EL34 tubes for my Unison Research Simply 2. I have changed my amplifier from KT66 Amplifier to amplifier using EL34 tubes and the seller is the reverse as he has changed from using Mrantz 8 using the EL34 tubes to KT66 tubes. Good for both of us!

The advantage of the Simply 2 is that it only requires 2 EL34 tubes and a pair of 12AX7 tubes, making changing of tubes easy and economical.

I am glad that even though I have sold most of my precious vintage amplifiers, I am still able to enjoy the joy of playing with vintage tubes for my amplifier and experiment the different sound for the different tubes. 平有平玩!






- Posted using BlogPress from my super i machine : 0

Location:Metropolis Drive,,Hong Kong

No comments: