Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fisher 400CX pre amplifier



This evening was a strange one. I was on my way home after work and the temperature was around 15 degree . Walking on the street alone could be a lonely experience especially during this cold night. After walking for a while, I have decided to take the MTR to MongKok where there are a huge crowds walking.

When I was in Mongkok, as I was walking, I suddenly walked towards the famous Tak Fak building where there are lots of hifi shop. I remebered there is a very good conditionFisher 400CX. Previously, when I asked the price, it was much higher than I had anticipated. Without having the intention to buy, I decided to stand there at a distance to watch the pre amplifier and hopefully, the shop keeper would by chance play it. The shop keeper "General Lee" was very friendly and kind and he has decided to take it out for audition as he was using the marantz 7 at that time. Wow, I was totally captured by its reproduction of music. i must have stood there for more than 30 minutes. When I was about to leave, I give the Fisher another look and the next minutes, I was examing the cabinet and the inner circuits. ...With very soft bargaining skill, I proposed to him my price and we came to a very friendly "Win Win" deal.
Carrying the heavy Fisher 400Cx home was a very unique experience as suddenly, all the loneliness in the cold night were gone. The Fisher 400CX has accompanied me home...

It is now playing & singing together with the Leak TL12.1 and the music is just so smooth, so refined and so romantic...how I wish today is Friday evening so that I could enjoy the music till 2am....

No comments: