Sunday, March 05, 2006

Romancing the Leak



I was searching for a pair of Leak TL12.1 for a period of time. After much searching, I was lucky to find one pair of Leak TL12.1 My leak was made for the US market with 110v. To use it in Asia, there is a need to use a step down transformer from 220v to 110v.
Thus, I have decided to search for a pair of Leak in 220 v for easy usage. So the hunt begins. I was able to find one unit of 220v in excellent condition. Now, the challenge now is to find another 220v unit to match it...
Getting another Leak is only phase one. Phase two is to ensure that the equipment is properly checked with faulty parts replaced. One of the main problem for Leak was its leaky TCC capacitors and resistors. Through Alan's help, I have managed to find 2 packs of TCC new old stocks capacitors vaccum seal in a pack that marks July 1971 (25 years ago).
Now, the capacitors are ready, the waiting process continues...and the hunt for its mate continues..

No comments: