Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Vintage Tannoy Canterbury speakers



My 1950s Canterbury Tannoy spekers was bought during Feb 14th,Valentine's Day. It comes with a 12 inch Red monitor with an original corner unit cabinets. I have always been using small book shelf speakers such as the LS3/5a and I have been serching for a pair of vintage Tannoy for a long period of time!

The Tannoy matches very well with my Leaks, my Quad II as well the the MC240. It has the ability to present a fuller sound stage as well as romantic sound.

I will always remember the 2006 Valentine's day as it was a very "romantic" evening with slight rain. I was caught in the rain and I have to go to a few ATM machine (some not working) to draw cash to pay for my new toy. In addition, I have to travel all the way to Shan Sui (near ShengZhen border) to collect the Tannoy. I remember vividly that while everyone was enjoying their romantic dinner during Valentine's day, I was rushing around and shifting speakers without having dinner. My hunger has been satisfied by the lovely Tannoy speakers...

For more information on the Tannoy speakers, please read:

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/hfw/oldeworldehtml/tannoyspeakers.html

No comments: