Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My hifi journey continues



Recently, I have conducted a "spring cleaning" with my hifi equipments by streamlining my collection. There are many great collectors of hifi in Hong Kong with one who specilaises with Leak and the other in Eico.

Looking at my current collection, I have decided to focus on KT66/6L6 power amplifiers namely Leak TL12.1, Quad II. As for pre amplifier, I will continue to stay with my Marantz 7 and I will search for a DIY pre amp using vintage NOS large tube.

For speakers, I will stay with my Rogers LS3/5a 15 ohms and my beloved Tannoy Canterbury. So, the next stage is refinement with focuses on getting the right music and enjoying the music from the system. In the end, all equipments are to serve one single purpose, i.e. reproduction of the music to our ears...Enjoy!

No comments: