Thursday, April 05, 2007

Collection


Recently, there is a strong thrend in "collecting" and accumulating vintage amplifiers by many audiophiles.
Some has concentrated in collecting Leak while some willl buy just about everthing. I have gone through the stage where I have tried to collect the various power amplifiers consisting of Mcintosh MC240, Pye PH91, Leak 12.1, Leak 10.1, Quad II, KS 16608, Radio Craftsmen C500a, Siemens, Pye Mozart, WE 124 etc. For pre amplifiers, I ahev collected Marantz 7, Fisher 400CX, Fisher 50C etc.
After a period of time, I have came to realise that if one has the luxury of listening to music for 3 hours a night, one can at most change two set of amplifiers per night. As such, rather then going for quantities, I have decided to try to streamline and keep the very best...of course according to my taste..
IMHO, the WE 124b & The Leak TL12.1 are the best 6L6/KT66 amplifiers when comparing with the other 6L6/KT66 amplifiers such as the Mcintosh MC240, Quad II, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice collection of amplifiers! I had a single PF91, but sold her! :( Have you ever heard/seen Electrohome PA-100 MK-1? Greg

Unknown said...

[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/gregbolly/PA100Mk1x3.jpg[/IMG]