Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mixed & Matched Hifi


I have always wanted to do some DIY with my Hifi. However, gievn the limited time at night, I ahev not been able to do any DIY at all. I have bought the TopGun integrated amplifier but I just could not find the time to "upgrade" it. Moreover, originally, I have wanted to convert my Western Electric 100f into mono bloc integrated amplifiers for use with my fullrange speakers by doing a simple "by pass" of the 5 inch Jensen speakers. However, with the "buying back" of my Pye Mozart mono bloc single ended amplifiers, it has made me change my mind on the DIY project.
Instead, I ahve been very busy "playing" with the various mixed and matched combination. Examples:
WE 124 + WE 120a + 755a;
WE 124 + Fisher 50C + 755a;
Leak TL12.1 + Fisher 50C;
Leak TL12.1 + WE 120a.
In addition, I have also been busy with my Pye Mozart + RCA fullrange & Pye Mozart + 755a; plus pye mozart using EL34 tubes versus 6L6G tubes...
The various combinations will have various effects on the music production. Which is the best? I am still trying out the various combinations! Enjoy!

No comments: