Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Western Electric 10 inch speakers






I must be out of my mind in being poisoned by the Western Electric fullrange speakers. This is the Western electric 10 inch alnico fullrange speakers. I was told that the speakers were produced Jensen for Western Electric (see the red wording INSP W.E.CO). The speakers were very well built & solid and the size of the magnet is really huge!
Alnico speakers produce a sweet, warm, vintage tone. They sound best at low levels and are great for blues, jazz and mellow rock. Alnico speakers respond quickly, giving the musician a “one with the amp” feel.
Alnico speakers are made with magnets containing aluminum, nickel and cobalt. They are often featured in print as “AlNiCo”, symbolizing the three respective elements. Cobalt is difficult to procure these days .
I have tested it briefly and the speaker is fully functional. I am currently waiting for the second unit to arrive from US so that I could matched them up as a pair for stereo use, as these were made for mono use previously.
Once the speakers have arrived, I will then look for carpenter to stay a project in building a pair of cabinet for these 10 inch speakers. With the acqusition of these 10 inch speakers, I have now managed to have a 6 inch RCA fullrange, 2 pair of 8 inch 755a, one 10 inch WE and a 12 inch Tannoy Cantebury..what a world of speakers..

No comments: