Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hifi community

The Hifi community can be very complex. Even though listening to music is supposed to be a very relaxed experience, it can get very complex and even stressful at times. This is especially so since music is fill of emotions and music representation also involves complex human preference and taste.

Very often, audiophiles will have huge dispute over what they consider "good sound" and what they consider "good hifi equiptments". I used to be very active in "audiophiole home visit" to listen to their set up and system. However, recently, I have reduced such visits owing to complex human relation issues involving equipement, method of listening as well as personal pride.

For me, hifi is jut a tool to bring out the best music. My own prefernce is that it should be able to bring out the best in the most efficient manner. In addition, very often, when requested by friends, I would simply cut love the equipmets to them very easily. this has also led to some audiophiles mis-conception that I do not treasure what I find. Perhaps, I treasure friendship more then the equipments!

No comments: