Friday, September 27, 2013

Musical Fidelity x 24

I have always wanted to try the Musical Fidelity X24 k DAC which will enhance the sound of my CDP. Even though this is old tech, but it really enhances the music. There are many newer version of the Musical Fidelity DAC in the market but those are made in Taiwan, and not UK..

I am glad to be back in the hifi hobby..in a gentle way where I do small twick to enhance the system by  adding weight on top of speakers to diffuse the vibration of the speakers as well as using the X24 plus working on speakers placement.

Talking about speakers placement, I remembered have met up with 定位李 when he came for a hifi home visit me together with John many years ago. However, he didn't teach me about speakers placement.. How sad.. Perhaps I do not know how to "polish shoes"? 

Anyway, I have visited the various web pages teaching people how to work on speakers placement...which is also a fun experience....

I just bought a digital cable for using the Musical Fidelity X 24.

To avoid having too much digital sound, I have used the Maranntz 63 KI C D player + Musical Fidelity X24 together with my Western Electroc CD Isolation transformer..= Fantastic sound!



第一: X-24K能驳接DVD、CD、DAT、MiniDics和数码广播(Broadcast digital)。第二: X-24K可以边接16bit,18bit,20bit和24 bit以及32kHz,44.1kHz,48kHz,88.2kHz和96kHz的讯号。
第三: X-24K采用Burr-Brown 24bit delta-Sigma Converter,是真正的24 bit/96 KHz的科技。
第四: X-24K能自动把16bit,18bit,20bit的讯号转化为24 bit,使音源达臻无比准确的境界。
此外, X-24K设有两个Input(Coaxial和optical兼备),可以衔接两组数码音源(如CD机和DVD机)。因此,对于听CD又看DVD的发烧友而言,买一部 X-24K可以达到左右逢源的妙用。



For some review:

http://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/825

http://avmagazine.com/01/musical_fidelity_X24K.html

http://hometheaterreview.com/marantz-cd-63ii-ki-signature-cd-player-reviewed/

No comments: