Thursday, July 06, 2006

志平 3吋 Fullrange speakers




I have always been fascinated with the 志平3吋小喇叭全音域單元. The production of these speakers has ceased and the only way to get them now is via Artist hifi or through the web.

Having listened to the speakers at Artists hifi, I am deeply impressed by the finishing of the speakers, its nice curve workmanship as well as the repoduction of sound from the mere 3 inch full range speakers.

Having done some simple study, the reason for its wonderul sound was due to its Alnico magnet and "元發聲擴散之音箱邊緣用手工打磨成圓角,形成一種號角效應".

For me, another great attraction is its handmade (人手製造) feature. I have tried some DIY cabinet myself, and I know how difficult the process is and it will be totally impossible for me to achieve such nice finshing result.

In the end, I have finally bought one pair for my bedroom usage together with my Siemens amplifiers. These are certainly another value for money item even though many audiophiles might not find these their cup of tea.

I have done some AB testing between these and the LS3/5A. The sound from the 志平 is much open and bright while the LS3/5a is much more detailed and confined. Both sound nice in its own ways!

No comments: