Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Desire for Western Electric 124


After much consideration, I have set myself a simple goal of getting a pair of Western Electric 124 power amplifiers using the 6L6 tubes by end of 2006 (Christmas)

In order to do that, I will have to cut love and streamline quite a few of my current collections in order to generate enough cash.

Even though it is going to be a very difficult decision to make, I will have to let go the following step by step. The first to go will be the Siemens Smfv4 mono blocks, followed by the Mcintosh MC240 & Marantz 7. Upon getting the WE124, I will then let go the fully restored Western Electric KS16608.

With these exercise, I will be left with the Leak 12.1, Radio Craftsmen C500a and WE124 (hopefully) & Fishers 400CX preamplifier.

Pic of WE124 don't belong to me.... : (
What a dilemma......

No comments: