Saturday, July 29, 2006

CD Player recoomendation:Bang & Olufsen CD player











I have just returned from a business trip from Taipei. During my business trip, I have managed to get a quad set of KT66, Quad set of 7027a (specially good for Mcintosh MC240) and quad set of GE 6L6WGB plus a pair of Electro Voice T35 high frequency units (for my Chi Peng full range speakers)

To match my current vintage system, I have recenty used a vintage Bang & Olufsen CD player. Even though it was produced in the 1980s, the look and feel of the Bang & Olufsen CD player looks very modern and the sound quality of it is perfect in fitting with the rest of my vinatge gears!

From the functional point of view, it has to use a step down transformer as it is in 117v. Other then that, the touch screen function gives the CD player a very high standard and modern feel. The costs of the B & O CD is smiliar to the Philips CD 100. I used to own the Philips 100 CD player. However, the Philips CD 100 tend to be "over heated" after long hours of play and one has to take care of the ventilation in order to ensure its longivity. Not wanting to be "stressed" up when using the CD player, I have decided to sell away the Philips CD players to a Hong Kong collectors who owns a large collection of various CD players.

I shall be collecting my vintage Pye PF91 tomorrow back from servicing and I will be posting more pictures soon! I will have to do it soon as I will be away for business trip again from Thursday onwards...

No comments: