Saturday, July 22, 2006

Quad II - 3rd time lucky



This is my 3rd pair of Quad II. The first was sold as the capacitors were replaced. The second sets were sold as I was having two sets of Leak 12.1 then. Today, I have managed to find a 3rd units of Leak 12.1 ,220v in its original condition.
I have known that my friend JK is in need for his 4th unit of Leak 12.1 in order to pair them up. Upon getting the single unit of 12.1, I immediatley called JK to see if he is keen to pair up his 12.1
In reciprocate my efforts in helping him to pair up his 12.1, he offered his lovely set of Quad II in exchange for the single unit. It was a true "win win" situation where we both were happy. I have been in my quest for my dream "top 5 6L6/KT66" amplifiers namely, Leak TL12.1, Radio craftsmen C500s, Mcintosh MC240, Quad II & the Western Electric 124.
With this acquisition of Quad II, my last amplifier to complete my dream is the Western Electric 124. Temporary, the Western Electric KS16608 is acting as a good subsititute until the main cast arrive. Dreaming of the WE124 again.. : )
email me at maxbliss@nevigator.com if you have any interesting hifi equipments to sell or exchange.

No comments: