Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Fishes swimming back to me..





I used to own two type of hifi Fishes: Fishers 400CX and a par of Fishers 50C.
I like both the Fishers. However, my Fisher 400CX has a matching issue with my Leak TL12.1 as the latter has high gain which made it not an indeal match. When using the Fisher 400CX, the volume knob will have to be turned to the minimal which is why my Marantz 7 matches well with my Leak TL12.1.
For my Western Electric 124b, I have matched it well with the Fisher 50C before and I liked the warm sound. I have also tried with the passive premplifiers (which sounded a bit plain) , the replica WE120 ( I liked the sound for vocal but it is not dynamic enough for Orchestra music) amd the Nagra PLL. The PLL sounded the most blance but I have thought of upgrading to the Nagra PLP models. However, with the strenthening of the CHF Swiss ucrrency from 6.5 previously to 7.2 versus the HK$ has prevented me from making the purchase.
With the economic crisis ahead, I have put on hold my plan of upgrading and just continue to listen to the my WE 124b natural sound without the use of any preamplifiers.
This evening, when my friend Sing has decided to streamline his fantastic collection of hifi gears, the two fishes will be swimming back home soon. I am very happy as these make me realised that everything moves in circle...
When the Fishes come home, the Fishes will be happy t reunited with the WEs..and I.

Looking forward to the return of the Fishes!


No comments: