Monday, October 06, 2008

My hifi journey

Today is a public holiday. This morning, I have use sometime to reflect on my hifi journey. I have trully enjoyed my hifi journey with the encounters of the various well known classic items such as Mcintosh, Marantz, Siemens, Fisher, Leak, and Western Electric. At one time, I have had a thought of collecting and keeping all these nice gears.

However, through out the passage of time, I have came to realize that space contraint and the need for maintaining these vintage items are taking too much space, time and energy. On further thought, I have also came to realize the true essence of hifi is to enjoy music and to trully appreciates the various music composition. Many audiophiles has decorated their home with many interesting gears and some were interested in becoming sifu...

One key moivating factors for not collecting these hifi items was due to my first love, i.e. collecting vintage watches..which is easy to maintain and does not take up much space. Moreover, many watch collectors have better personalities and social skills then the many audiophiles that I have met here, where many have multiples motives as well as commercial interests..ha ha.

Have fun!

http://vintage-watch.blogspot.com/

No comments: