Friday, December 08, 2006

2006 Hifi summary


December month is coming to end. Everyone is preparing to celebrate Christmas and the coming for the new year.
For me, 2006 has passed very quickly. In term of hifi, I have learnt a great deal with the testing of the various amplifiers. Along the way, I have found my hifi path. I have tried many branded amplfiers as well as some DIY items as well. I used to be active in some of the forum but I have learnt to keep silent so as to avoid "troubles".
Even though hifi is only a hobby, very often there are so much conflicts of interests and "bad mouthing" in the local forum scene that it is wiser to keep silence. This has reflected the low tolerance in differences in views here. In addition, there are occasions when they are the "red eye" & "white eye" treatment from fellow audiophiles reflected an inflated ego..
During the course of 2006, I have learnt the art of silence and keep a sharp focus in my own hifi path. I have enjoyed keeping the amplifiers that I like and selling away those that I can live without. Take for example, there are many who criticise so much on the Marantz 7 but I like it!

In the end, hifi is a personal hobby! One needs to be happy with what one wants..What other people says or feel is their own business.. Be happy!

No comments: