Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tannoy cantebury reached home


After much traveling, my pair of vintage Tannoy Cantebury has finally arrived Singapore. My wife, with the help of the movers, have helped me to un-pack and place it at my living room.
The Tannoy Cantebury fits nicely in my living room. When I am back in Singapore next week, I will try to plug in my pre-amplifiers and amplifiers and test the sound in the totally new environment!
For large speakers, I have audition and used the Altec 604E, the Tannoy Chartswoth and finally settled down with the Tannoy Cantebury with red monitors. I like the Tannoy Cantebury for its sound and its look. Even my wife finds the speakers very elegance looking...

2 comments:

fcpe de couzon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thebeathunters said...

hi francis
i was strolling online for info on canterburys when i stumbled on your blog.very interesting indeed and i 'll definitely dig deeper into it.
i'm a french illustrator with vintage hifi fever and just get acquainted with tannoy speakers. i have the opportunity to buy a pair - actually, not a "real" pair as the two speakers are from different origins. i'm not sure if they're the same vintage either. what's your take on that matter? as they're quite hard to get, i'm very tempted. is a price around the 2000 euros tag sounds fair to you or else? if you ever find time to answer me that will b great. in the meantime i wish you and yours a very nice new year's eve.
cordially
phil