Monday, December 04, 2006

Western Electric 124b (before restoration)











After many months of continuous searching, I have finally managed to find a matched pair of Western Electric 124b. It is currently under cleaning and restoration by an experience Sifu. I am hoping to have this lovely amp before Christmas. According to the 梁文光 Sifu, the input 如果有 輸入的 618a牛或放大謄,會太高 gain ,因此最好要抽起. Thus, rather then spending addition HKD$10,000 on the 618, have decided not to have the 618 input, which was meant for microphone input use and save the $$ for serching of good tubes for the amplifiers.
In the mean time, I am still busying packing and getting ready to move to a new apartment as well as streamlining my collection to a minimum for ease of moving. Following the advice from my good friend Lee in KL Malaysia, I have decided to let go my Pye Mozart as well : ) 聽過就可以了, 無須事事擁抱 ha ha
For detail review on other Western Electric 124B, please see an article written by a famous Sifu in Hong Kong:

No comments: