Sunday, October 20, 2013

Spendor LS3/5a

I have just returned from a trip to Taipei followed by Sydney.

This evening, I have spent the first half of the evening cleaning my newly acquired Spendor LS3/5a. Following which, I have played Sky's violin using the Spendor. Playing violin using the Ls3/5a is always musical and magical...

One of the key question is what are the sound differences between the Rogers versus the Spendor. The Spendor's are more transparent, it projects a larger soundstage, and do a better job resolving inner details. The Roger however is more emotional and warm.. For many who like the more modern sound would prefer the Spendor LS3/5a. I guess this is the reason why there are many who love the Spendor..

For me, I think each has its own merits and the gold badge is definitely best in playing meloncholy music while the Chartwell is excellent in livelier music and the Spendor truly musical... The Spendor 15 ohms is rarer compare to its 11ohms speakers as there is not many in the second hand market. Given the sonic differences, no wonder there are many audiophiles who collects all types of  LS3/5a speakers...

No comments: